I guess you’ll agree with me when I say,
Sometimes it becomes impossible to get relief from heartburn doesn’t matter how much bicarbonate of soda, milk, or water you drink.
In fact, you can’t have bicarbonate of soda or pills every time with you. And water can ONLY subside the burning pain for a few minutes.
That’s why there’s a need for remedies that can eliminate heartburn permanently.
Thankfully, some natural remedies for heartburn that can give instant relief and also eliminate all acid reflux symptoms in as little as 48 hours.
Want to know what are these natural remedies for heartburn? Here they are:
Raw Honey has some of the proven anti-bacterial, antiviral, and antibiotic properties. It has anti-oxidant that heal wounds, including inflammation inside the body.
The raw, pure, unheated, and unprocessed honey contains fine textured crystals, and it doesn’t dip.
Here’s how you can use it to heal
- Take one or two tablespoons of raw honey every time you feel acid reflux attack or heartburn discomfort.
- Take one tablespoon of raw honey before going to bed.
Powered Medicinal Charcoal:
Charcoal absorbs more toxins, drugs, poisons and other chemicals than any other substance. It has the potential to absorb many poisonous substances that can cause harm to the body.
Activated Charcoal is one of the home remedies for heartburn that is safe to consume. However, activated charcoal is highly absorbent.
The best way to use charcoal is to use it with the bentonite.
Here’s how you can use it for immediate relief from heartburn:
- Take one big glass of water
- Add one tablespoon of activated charcoal powder and bentonite powder
- Stir it well, and drink it.
L-Glutamine is an amino acid that helps in maintaining a healthy digestive system and provide relief to an acid reflux sufferer.
L-Glutamine improves the health of the immune system and stops toxins and bacteria from entering the stomach.
Here’s how to use it:
- Take four ounces of water
- Mix one tablespoon of L-Glutamine powder and drink it with every meal.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the popular natural remedies for heartburn because it is a powerful cleanser that contains antiseptic and antibiotic properties. Make sure you use pure, and unfiltered apple cider vinegar that made from organic apple.
Apple Cider Vinegar balances acid-alkaline level in the body.
Use ACV only if your acid reflux condition is triggered by very little acid in the stomach. If you have normal or extreme production of acid in your stomach, then it is better to avoid it.
Here’s how to use it,
- Take a medium glass of water
- Add one tablespoon of ACV
- Stir it and drink it before or after the meal to reduce reflux symptoms.
Calcium is one of the cheapest and powerful natural remedies for heartburn. Taking two tablets of calcium before bedtime can stop GERD attack and give you a good sleep.
Here’s how to use it,
- Take two tablets and break it down into multiple small pieces (don’t make a powder of them)
- The idea is to send these large chunks into the stomach where they take more acid to absorb it.
Note: The effectiveness of calcium tablets varies from case to case. I usually use them as the last resort when other home remedies for heartburn fail to give me relief.
Sprouts are the best superfood that you can include in your diet because they are highly nutritious, super cleanser, and loaded with a lot of vitamins.
There is practically no limit on how much sprouts you can eat.
You can also grow your sprouts so that you will get a fresh dose of nutritional source every day without hardly any expense. If you are buying from outside, then make sure you purchase fresh ones.
Here’s how you can use Sprouts in your diet.
- You can include Sprouts in your sandwich
- And you can also add them to your daily meal.
Licorice is one of the commonly available that used widely in Chinese medicines because it has some good anti-inflammation and demulcent properties. It protects tissues while providing gentle relief.
Although Licorice root is not the cure of acid reflux but it can provide heartburn relief instantly.
Here’s how you can use it:
- Licorice is only effective when it is combined with salvia. So, chewing on licorice gum or drinking licorice tea is highly advised.
- To make herbal tea, steep one tablespoon of licorice root in one cup of boiling water.
Research says that if there is burning coming from acid reflux, then ginger can ease symptoms.
Ginger is the main ingredient in Chinese Medicines because it contains some excellent anti-inflammatory properties. However, don’t have it too much as it can make your symptom worse.
Ginger can be eaten raw, steeped in water, or you can use it to prepare tea. You must take it around four grams that should be enough to provide relief.
Here is how you can use it to prepare ginger root tea
- Remove the skin of ginger root, cut it into small pieces, and put it into the pan.
- Heat the pan on medium heat and then pour water on it and let it boil for few minutes
- Let the tea cool off and add honey (optional) into it.
- Drink this tea a couple of times in a day to clear acid reflux and its symptoms.
Funnel is the perennial herb that is being now recommended by many health practitioners for the treatment of digestive disorders such as heartburn.
Funnel not only reduces acid but also provide relief from inflammation, gas, and bloating. This is because Funnel contains a large number of active constitutes that minimizes the pain that comes from heartburn.
Here’s the best way to use funnel:
- After every meal, take a half tablespoon of fennel seeds and chew them slowly.
Aloe Vera Juice:
One of the most effective natural remedies for heartburn is Aloe Vera Juice because it contains vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that detoxify the body when taken internally.
Aloe Vera also contains some great anti-inflammatory properties that are used to treat sunburn and other infections.
This research says decolorized and purified Aloe Vera Juice is the safe and effective treatment for treating acid reflux symptoms.
In 2015, there was a study that showed Aloe Vera juice is more effective than traditional medications for reducing acid reflux symptoms such as heartburn.
Aloe Vera juice is available widely in stores but make sure you select decolorized and purified Aloe Vera juice that is suitable for consumption.
Here’s how you can use Aloe Vera at home.
- Combine a full glass of water with one tablespoon of Aloe Vera.
- Start with a little sip at first
- Store the remaining gel in the refrigerator
- You can also use Aloe Vera in your favorite milkshake
Kudzu Root that is also called Kuzu, is a very popular herb found in traditional Chinese medicines.
The Preventative Medicine Center (PMC) suggests Kudzu as a remedy for an upset stomach. Kudzu can provide benefits to the digestive system and provide relief from heartburn.
Here’s how you can use it:
- Kudzu is available online in many health stores as a supplement form. For those who like herbal teas, Kudzu root tea is also available in many health stores.
- Kudzu is a very common item in South of the USA, and you can find it in any grocery store. People in South America fried it, or eat it raw.
Other Proven Natural Remedies For Heartburn:
Besides these 11 natural remedies, there are some more:
- Apples, Bananas, & Papaya
- Chewing Gum
- Baking Soda
Did I Miss Any Other Remedy?
I did my best to reveal some of the scientifically proven natural remedies for heartburn. However, if you know any other remedy that can provide instant relief from heartburn then please share with us in the comment box below.